Welcome to cyberTRUNK Recipes!

Over the past two decades or so, I have assembled a vast array of recipes, particularly those that have become favorites with friends and family. My long term goal was to publish a cookbook to pass these tried and true favorites on. That idea started before blogs. So, I have created this blogsite where I can share these culinary tidbits. I hope you find something that you and your family embrace! I look forward to hearing from you as well! Thanks for checking out my cyberTRUNK Recipes!

Friday, January 14, 2011

BEAN VINEGARETTE SALAD


INGREDIENTS
Any combination of the all or some of the following:

1 can Garbanzo/Navy Beans or Black-Eyed Peas (drained)
1 can Kidney Beans 
(drained)
1 can Italian or Cut Green Beans
(drained) - optional
1 Cucumber (diced)
1 small Onion
(diced)
1/2 Bell Pepper (diced)
1 stalk Celery
(diced)
1 Carrot
(diced)

DRESSING
3/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
3/4 cup Sugar


PREPARATION
  • In a large storage bowl, place the prepared vegetables.
  • In a small bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar and sugar.
  • Whisk until  sugar is dissolved.
  • Pour over beans and vegetables and toss.
  • Cover and refrigerate.

SERVING SUGGESTION:
Serve several tablespoons over cottage cheese, or serve as a bean salad.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4-6, or more, more, more...

This recipe is courtesy of the Kentucky kountry kulinary wizardry of a great friend,
and my brother from another mother - Lee. Thanks Lee! 

DavidLee Recipes © 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages