Welcome to cyberTRUNK Recipes!

Over the past two decades or so, I have assembled a vast array of recipes, particularly those that have become favorites with friends and family. My long term goal was to publish a cookbook to pass these tried and true favorites on. That idea started before blogs. So, I have created this blogsite where I can share these culinary tidbits. I hope you find something that you and your family embrace! I look forward to hearing from you as well! Thanks for checking out my cyberTRUNK Recipes!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

CUSTARD PIE


INGREDIENTS

DIRECTIONS
See Perfect Pie Pastry recipe and prepare for crust.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
  • Scald the milk and half-and-half.
  • Mix together the eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla and add the hot milk.
  • Pour through a fine strainer and into the pie shell.
  • Grate nutmeg over the top of the filling.
  • Bake for 10 minutes on the bottom rack at 400 degrees F.
  • Move to the middle rack and reduce the heat to 325 degrees F.
  • Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until pie is almost set.
  • It will continue to cook after it is taken out of the oven.
  • Cool on a rack. 
Serving Suggestion: 
Serve with whipped cream and berries for a fresh fruit twist.

Preparation Time: about 1 hour
Serves 6 -8

DavidLee Recipes © 2010

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Pages