Welcome to cyberTRUNK Recipes!

Over the past two decades or so, I have assembled a vast array of recipes, particularly those that have become favorites with friends and family. My long term goal was to publish a cookbook to pass these tried and true favorites on. That idea started before blogs. So, I have created this blogsite where I can share these culinary tidbits. I hope you find something that you and your family embrace! I look forward to hearing from you as well! Thanks for checking out my cyberTRUNK Recipes!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

CATFISH POLANAISE

INGREDIENTS
1 can Evaporated Milk
1 tsp Old Bay Seafood Seasoning

1/2 tsp Lowry's Seasoning 
1/4 tsp Thyme
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 Onion
(sliced thinly)
1 Leek (sliced thinly)
3-4 Catfish Fillets


DIRECTIONS
Combine the milk, seafood seasoning, pepper, salt, leek and onion in a skillet, cover, and bring to a simmer.
Add the catfish to the liquid, spooning some of the liquid over the fillets.
Reduce the heat to low to a simmer, cover the skillet, and poach for 7 to 10 minutes.

Serving Suggestion:
Serve Catfish Fillets over Yellow Rice.
Spoon cream sauce over the fillets, followed by the onions and leeks.

Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2

DavidLee Recipes © 2010

1 comment:

  1. Let me make a few comments about this recipe - CATFISH POLONAISE. I recently was online searching for ideas for some freshly-caught Gulf Catfish that friends had brought me to create a dining delight to enjoy. I went to one of my favorite online sites - FOODNETWORK.com, and found a recipe for Catfish Au Lait. It reminded me of a recipe from my Polish background, made with whitefish. In revisiting that recipe, it occurred to me that the milk based poaching would be an enhancement to the mild sweetness of the Gulf Catfish. In my opinion, you just can't smother this dish with enough leeks. I hope you have an opportunity to have some fresh Gulf Catfish on hand and try this simple and delightful dish. Enjoy!
    - DavidLee

    ReplyDelete

Pages