Welcome to cyberTRUNK Recipes!

Over the past two decades or so, I have assembled a vast array of recipes, particularly those that have become favorites with friends and family. My long term goal was to publish a cookbook to pass these tried and true favorites on. That idea started before blogs. So, I have created this blogsite where I can share these culinary tidbits. I hope you find something that you and your family embrace! I look forward to hearing from you as well! Thanks for checking out my cyberTRUNK Recipes!

Monday, April 26, 2010

GARDEN MARMALADE

3 cups Roma Tomatoes (about 3 lbs.)

     - parboil to remove tomato skins
     - chopped into small cubes
2 teaspoons slivered Lemon Peel
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh Basil
1 tablespoon minced fresh Oregano
1 pouch Ball 100% Natural Fruit Jell PECTIN
4 1/2 cups Sugar

Prepare home canning jars and lids according to manufacturers instructions. Place prepared tomatoes in large saucepot; Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Combine cooked tomatoes, lemon peel, lemon juice, garlic, herbs and pectin in the large saucepot. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Return to a rolling boil. Boil hard for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and skim foam, if necessary. Carefully ladle hot marmalade into hot jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace. Adjust caps. Process 10 minutes in a boiling water canner.
Yield: about 5 8-ounce jars.

DavidLee Recipes © 2010   

3 comments:

  1. I have been asked what to do with this savory garden marmalade. So, here is my SERVING SUGGESTION - Serve this delicious savory marmalade with crackers and cream cheese. Once your guests try it once, they won't be able to stop... and before you know it, your garden marmalade will be long gone. Try it and let me hear how you like it, as well as any ideas you have for serving it! Enjoy! DavidLee

    ReplyDelete
  2. David: Thanks so much for posting and sharing this recipe! This is ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, Beyond ANY shadow of a doubt one of the best cracker/cheese condiments I have ever tasted! Cant wait to make more! Truly it was THOROUGHLY ENJOYED! Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lee - You ARE WELCOME! I sincerely saw first hand how much you and your family appreciated it! Let me know how yours is when you have a chance to make it - and, of course, I'll expect a jar as a token of appreciation! LOL!!! Thanks for checking out my recipe blog as well. Hope you find alot of other great ideas that you like!
    - DavidLee

    ReplyDelete

Pages